R5 homeopathic drops is a popular medicine for stomach distress for treatment of broad range of gastric disorders. It regularizes the neuro vegetative system and prevents relapses in gastritis episodes. The drops contain homeopathic ingredients like anacardium, argentum nitric, Arsenicum alb, Belladonna etc., indicated for their ability to address chronic and acute gastritis, indigestion (dyspepsia), chronic relapsing gastritis and heart burn.
It is indicated for treatment of symptoms like belching (emitting digestive gas from mouth), accumulation of gas in the alimentary canal (flatulence) and excess gas accumulation in the gastrointestinal tract (meteorism). It also treats the inflamed mucosa of stomach. It helps to improve appetite and reduce constipation problem. It also relieves acid indigestion and sour stomach.
Gastritis, Gastritis (acute & chronic), Heartburn, Acid reflux (bad taste in mouth), Gastro-cardial syndrome, Gastro-duodenitis, Nausea, Stomatitis, Ulcer, belching, Flatulence, Ulcus parapyloricum (meaning gastric ulcers, आमाशय का फोड़ा in hindi)
Inflamed stomach treatment
If the stomach lining is eroded due to alcohol and other factors, it gets exposed to stomach acid which may cause pain, bleeding or a stomach ulcer. Having a thin or damaged stomach lining raises your risk for gastritis. These symptoms may come on suddenly and severely (acute gastritis) or last a long time (chronic gastritis). Homeopathy can help the inflammation with natural remedies that is safe and side effect free. It calms inflamed mucous membranes of the stomach, reduces irritability and repairs injured stomach lining naturally by aiding the self healing process of the body. R5 constituents also has a favourable influence on liver and prevent bile reflux gastritis. Nux vomica halts smoking or nicotin induced gastritis
Dr Reckeweg indicates R5 for inflamed mucosa of the stomach (mucous colitis), for treatment of inflammation of digestive system
Anacardium D6, Argent. Nit. D6, Arsen. Alb. D4, Belladonna D4, Carbo Vegetab. D8, Chamomilla D2, Chelidonium D3, Lycopodium D5, Nux Vomica D4, Scrophularia Nod. D1.
Mode of action of individual ingredients in Dr.Reckeweg R5 drops
This stomach pain medicine is a unique blend of homeopathic remedies for treating broad spectrum of associated symptoms of gastro intestinal ailments
- Anacardium – treats abdominal pains around midnight, gastric complaints that improve after eating
- Argentum Nitricum- treats epigastric complaints, frequent and noisy belching with momentary improvement
- Arsenicum Album – relieves burning pain in stomach along with vomiting and acts as remedy for mucous membrane damage
- Belladonna – treats vomiting, feeling of sickness with an inclination to vomit (Nausea),relieves epigastric pressure
- Carbo vegetabilis – treats sensation of being completely full (repletion) in abdominal cavity, exhaustion and lack of energy (asthenia)
- Chamomilla – treats nervous irritability and hypersensitivity, swollen stomach
- Chelidonium – acts as a key ingredient in medicine for stomach pain it is effective for bile (bitter greenish-brown alkaline fluid which aids digestion) and liver, increased volume of secretion of bile from the liver (choleretic), it also improves the gastric disorder caused by ingestion
- Lycopodium – treats gastro-intestinal disturbances, lack of appetite, bitter taste in mouth, flatulent with severe pain (colic) and constipation.
- Nux vomica – treats nervous irritability, abnormal chronic anxiety (hypochondria), stomach constriction and the disturbances caused by nicotin (toxic colorless or yellowish oily liquid present in tobacco)
- Scrophularia nodosa – treats hyperacidity, griping pains in abdomen
R5 Gastreu Stomach Drops
Indications of Dr. ReckewegR5
Acute and chronic gastritis, dyspepsia, chronic relapsing gastritis with or without ulceration. Especially ulcus parapyloricum. Heartburn, bad taste in mouth, frequent belching, flatulence, meteorism. Acts on the inflamed mucosa of stomach, on the physiology of stomach.
Ingredients of Dr. ReckewegR5
- Argentum nitricum
- Arsenicum album
- Carbo vegetabilis
- Nux Vomica
- Scrophularia Nodosa
Mode of Action of Main Ingredients in Dr. ReckewegR5
Anacardium: Gastric complaints, improving after eating, pains around midnight.
Argentum nitricum: Epigastric complaints, noisy and frequent belching with temporary improvement.
Arsenicum album: Remedy for mucous membrane, burning pain in the stomach with vomiting.
Carbo vegetabilis: Sensation of repletion in abdominal cavity, asthenia and exhaustion.
Chamomilla: Nervous hypersensitivity and irritability. Swelling of the stomach.
Chelidonium: Effective for liver and bile, choleretic, improvement of gastric disorder by ingestion.
Lycopodium: Gastro-intestinal disturbances, bitter taste in mouth, lack of appetite, constipation, flatulent colic.
Nux vomica: Nervous irritability, hypochondria, stomach constriction, disturbances due to nicotin.
Scrophularia nodosa: Griping pains in abdomen, hyperacidity improving after eating.
In some patients, sensitive to drugs, the pains may grow worse after a few days of using medicine, which is the so called primary reaction. In such cases it will be advisable to discontinue the it completely for 1-2 days. Resumption of medication will result in continued improvement. In other cases follow it with intermissions, or lower the dose, or give the drops on a full stomach.
It is characteristic in the use of Dr. Reckeweg R5, to see the usual relapses decrease progressively in graveness and frequency, until they disappear completely.
Dosage of Dr. ReckewegR5
- Generally 3 times a day 10-15 drops in some water before meals.
- After complete disappearance of the symptoms, in order to avoid relapses and to regularize the neuro-vegetative system, once a day 10-15 drops in some water before the main meal.
Terms and Conditions
Homeopathic products have several uses and should be taken on the basis of symptom similarity. Results may vary depending upon the conditions.